Diagnostic services at HBS General Hospital are rapidly enhancing to achieve the highest standards in the country. There are six sub-specialties including diagnostic surgical pathology, Hematology, Blood Bank services, Chemical Pathology, Microbiology, and immunology. These departments are rapidly expanding not only in terms of the addition of new automated equipment but also with expert and qualified technical staff using them. These departments are working under the direct supervision of experienced and foreign qualified consultants. We believe that knowledge is an ongoing process and is expanding it by continuous training abroad as well as conducting seminars for budding pathologists.
The Department of Laboratory, at HBS, is a comprehensive, full-range service and reference laboratory dedicated to providing state-of-the-art quality and timely testing results to area physicians and health care providers.
Scope Of Services
- Types of Patients Served
- Services are provided 24 hours a day, seven days a week to patients of all ages, through inpatient, outpatient and outreach modalities. The home collection service/facility is also provided by the lab.
- Scope and Complexity of Patient’s Care Needs
- Laboratory Department facilitates the patient by providing extensive
Services in the areas enumerated below:
- Clinical Chemistry
- Blood Transfusion Services
- Molecular Diagnostic Lab
Important Aspect Of Care, Quality Management And Performance Improvement For Laboratory Services
- Timely Laboratory reports
- Physician satisfaction with laboratory services
- Transfusion of blood and blood components
- Panic or critical values reporting
- Quality Control programs
- CAP and EQAS Proficiency testing
- Timely Performance of procedure
- Departmental meeting
- Continuous Education Program
- Equipment selection, maintenance, and performance
Appropriateness Of Clinical Necessity And Timeliness Of Support Services Are Provided Directly By Pathology Department
- Stat testing represents a critical clinical need for timely results. The goal for all stat testing is that results will be available as fast as possible and, at most, within 2 hours of receipt of the specimen in the laboratory.
- Incase tests are referred to outsourced laboratories, results are available as per their scope of services and HBS General Hospital laboratory and are displayed to concerned physician/patient on the earliest basis.